build a new essay based off the feed back of the instructor
6 postsDoes your introduction include these things?
In revising the introduction paragraph, please keep in mind the essential components for the Commentary Essay. In addition to capturing the reader’s attention, we need to ensure the introduction provides valuable background information and proves the existence of the trend/policy/event. To do this, the introduction should address most (if not all) of the following questions:
- Where did the trend originate?
- What is the origin of the trend?
- Out of what need was the trend created?
- When was the trend formulated? What year did it come into being?
- Where is the trend happening? For example: U.S. college campuses? Among preschool-age children?
If you are focusing on a policy or event, then just swap the word policy or event everywhere trend appears. If all these questions are unanswerable, you may not be focused on a true trend.
How will this impact the revision of your introduction?