Create a case history for a person with an addiction and a mental disorder
Create a case history for a person with an addiction and a mental disorder. Do not include identifying information. Include the following elements in your case history:
- Demographics—including age, gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, marital status, number and ages of children, living arrangements, and religion if applicable
- Presenting problem
- Previous psychiatric treatment of patient
- Previous chemical treatment of patient
- Chemical history
- Medical history—including disabilities if applicable
- Work and education history
- Legal or financial concerns
- Family background
- Concerned person involvement
- Referral source
Analyze the case history and present your diagnosis as related to substance use disorders. Include the following in your diagnosis:
- Summarize key case study elements you would use to formulate a diagnosis and guide your treatment plan.
- Identify at least two assessment tools that you would use to formulate a diagnosis. Justify why you have selected these tools.
- State your diagnosis related to substance use disorders. Justify your reasons for your diagnosis.
- Identify other concerns and offer recommendations and referral opportunities. Justify your reasons and explanations.
Write a 3–4-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!