Culturally Competent Care for Native Americans
Based on the readings, viewing the online materials & resources on the Module 4: Lecture Materials & Resources page, and your own experience, what strategies would you recommend encouraging culturally competent care of Native Americans?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website, locate and read the article(s) below:
- Arritt, T. (2014). Caring for patients of different religions. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 12(6), 38-45.
- Hudson, C.C., Adams, S., Lauderdale, J. (2016). Cultural expressions of intergenerational trauma and mental health nursing implications for U.S. health care delivery following refugee resettlement: An integrative review of the literature. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 27(3), 286-301. doi: 10.1177/1043659615587591.
- View the videos below:
- TEDx Talks. (2014, May 30). Decoding the unique medical needs of the Amish | Kevin Strauss | TEDxLancaster [Video file]. Retrieved fromDecoding the unique medical needs of the Amish | Kevin Strauss | TEDxLancaster (Links to an external site.)
- Page, R. (2014, July 16). PIER-Meeting the Healthcare Needs of American Muslims [Video file]. Retrieved fromPIER-Meeting the Healthcare Needs of American Muslims (Links to an external site.)