Ethics: Protection of Human Participants
Using the article on vulnerable populations that you located in this unit’s studies, in the Library Search section, complete the following:
- Identify the vulnerable population that is the subject of the article and, using the materials from Capella’s IRB, explain why the population is vulnerable.
- Discuss the level of risk in the research that was conducted (minimal versus more than minimal).
- Integrating materials from Capella’s IRB and other readings, discuss how the level of risk can be lowered, or was lowered if the risk is minimal.
- Discuss how the soundness of research methodology relates to minimizing risk in research.
- List the persistent link for the article in your response. Refer to the Persistent Links and DOIs guide, linked in Resources, to learn how to locate this information in the library databases.
- Cite all sources in APA style and provide an APA-formatted reference list at the end of your post.
After reviewing the discussion postings, choose one peer to respond to. For your response:
- Follow the persistent link to the article being discussed.
- Using the language of research, explain how you agree or disagree with your peer’s evaluation, offering your own suggestions for minimizing risk.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Institutional Review Board.
- Persistent Links and DOIs.
- Topic Selection.