Family violence encompasses many issues and consequences for each family member. As a human service professional, it is important that you are able to identify these issues in order to properly assist your clients.
Imagine you are a human service professional and you have been asked to evaluate the Smith family based on a recent police incident that occurred.
Read the University of Phoenix Material: Family Violence Analysis Case, taking appropriate notes as items stand out.
Write a 1,400-word analysis of the case from a human service worker’s perspective. Include the following:
- Determine what type(s) of family violence are presented in the case.
- Describe the issues related to the family violence and how they may affect the family.
- Determine issues related to socio-economic or multicultural diversity.
- Explain a plan for human service workers to work with this family. Include the following:
- Possible clinical interventions that may be necessary or recommended.
- Any possibly educational initiatives within schools that may be needed for the family.
- Ethical considerations regarding disclosure of the family violence in an agency setting and a private setting.
- Describe the role of the human service worker in preventing and ending family violence.
Include a minimum of 5 sources.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines