For this assignment you will be creating and posting a 5-7 minute video
For this assignment you will be creating and posting a 5-7 minute video presentation on the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of one DSM-5 disorder covered in the course. Examples might be a diagnosis from:
Obsessive-Compulsive Related Disorders
Trauma Related Disorders or any other diagnostic classification in the DSM-5
Your video presentation must include a brief discussion of the following:1. Why you chose this disorder2.Your understanding of the diagnostic criteria for this disorder3.Assessment strategies you might utilize to support your diagnosis4.Evidence-based treatment interventions for this disorder
Prepare and Present an Oral Presentation:
Presentations are brief discussions of a focused topic delivered to a group of listeners in order to impart knowledge or to stimulate discussion. Presentations will go off of a short paper written by you on the topic in that there is an introduction, main body and conclusion.
Please prepare a video recording of your presentation and submit it to your instructor. Preparation is the key to giving an effective presentation and to controlling your nervousness. Know your topic well. You will be the expert on the topic. Good preparation and the realization that you are the expert will boost your self-confidence.
• Know your topic – become an expert
• Learn as much about the topic as you can to boost your self-confidence
• Prepare an outline of topic. Bullet or number the main points
• This presentation is roughly equivalent to 2 double spaced pages in 12-pt. font and 1” margins – however, never read a presentation.
Write out your presentation if you need to organize your thoughts, but then outline this text for the actual presentation.
• Begin your presentation by telling your audience what your topic is and what you will be covering. Audiences like to have a guidepost.
• Avoid reading your remarks
• Dress neatly and appropriately. Do not wear a hat of any kind
• Speak in a clear, audible voice.
Never, ever mumble
• Stand up straight, don’t slouch.
Don’t be afraid to move around, it causes the audience to pay attention
• Never apologize to your audience for the state of your knowledge or your degree of preparation. The audience wants to have confidence in you – you are the authority, do nothing to undermine your authority. • Make frequent eye contact with the audience. In the case of a video conference or a taping look directly into the camera. This engages your audience and keeps them focused on your content. Making eye contact says that you are in charge of your presentation. • Never turn your back on the audience. • Organize your main points and rate of speech to adhere strictly to your time limit. • At the end of your presentation, summarize your main points and give a strong concluding remark that reinforces why your information is of value. • Show some enthusiasm!!!
Analyze the physical, cognitive, social and personality aspects of abnormal psychology and implications across the life span
Examine the major diagnostic domains and specific criteria associated with DSM-5 disorders.
Evaluate legal and ethical issues in mental health treatment
Develop an awareness of diversity and cross-cultural perspectives in abnormal psychology.
Explore available treatment and interdisciplinary services for community members experiencing mental health disorders.
Identify the barriers associated with seeking and receiving therapeutic services.
Demonstrate ethical behavior in the use of technology
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!