Option #1: Fraud Investigation, McDonald’s
In August 2001, it was discovered the McDonald’s Monopoly game was a fraud. Simon Marketing, which ran the game on behalf of McDonald’s, was responsible for the fraud. During the investigation to uncover the fraud, the FBI used several different forms of surveillance. Using reliable internet sources, find information that describes these forms of surveillance. Then, answer the following questions:
- How did the FBI use the surveillance to gather evidence regarding Simon Marketing’s illegal activities?
- Were the surveillance methods used by the FBI effective? Why or why not?
- If you were in charge of this investigation, what other methods might you have used and why? In answering this question, detail specifically the surveillance methods.
- Address any motivating factors and criminal opportunities for the commission of this fraud.
Adhere to the following standards:
- The paper should be 4-5 pages in length, not counting the title or references pages, which must be included.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed from the Course Information page.
- Be sure to follow the APA Requirements.
- The paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion. Use CRITICAL THINKING. CITE ALL IN TEXT CITATIONS AND CITE SUPPORT USED .
Support your interpretation with evidence from the textbook and a minimum of two peer-reviewed journal articles, other than the articles from this module’s required readings. It’s helpful to search for articles from the Library