Knowing what you have experienced as a customer will help you understand how to better support customers you face. After reading the text and participating in the exploration, reflect on two experiences you have had as a customer in the problem-solving process.
Reflect on one positive example of customer service, and one that did not meet your expectations. Address the following in your initial response:
- What was the problem?
- Describe the communication of issue. How did customer service listen?
- What were the possible solutions that a) you wanted, and b) the company offered?
- Was there an opportunity for you to be involved in the solution (co-production)?
- What was the BEST solution?
- How was the solution implemented?
- Was there any follow-up from the company?
- Reflect on each – why was it positive? What needed to be changed?