Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). You are expected to include at least one scholarly and peer-reviewed resource outside of those provided in the readings for each discussion post. I need this completed by 03/14/18 at 7pm.
Cultural Competency Guidelines
The Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD) has provided a Multicultural Counseling Competencies document. Culturally competent counselors regularly review these guidelines to ensure that they are engaging in culturally competent and ethical counseling practices.
For this Discussion, review the AMCD Multicultural Counseling Competencies. Note the strengths and limitations of the guidelines and consider two recommendations you would make to improve them. The “Multicultural and Social Justice Competencies” are attached in a link here. These were approved in summer, 2015. These can be a resource as you write your posts.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3
· A brief description of the strengths and limitations of the AMCD Multicultural Counseling Competencies.
· Two recommendations you might make to enhance the current guidelines.
· A Brief explanation of how these recommendations can assist counselors in working with culturally diverse clients.
· Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse: Theory and practice (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
o Chapter 5, “The Impact of Systemic Oppression: Counselor Credibility and Client Worldviews” (pp. 145-178)
o Chapter 11, “Racial/Cultural Identity Development in People of Color: Counseling Implications” (pp. 355-388)
o Chapter 12, “White Racial Identity Development: Therapeutic Implications” (pp. 389-420)
· AMCD multicultural counseling competences. (1996). Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/Resources/Competencies/Multcultural_Competencies.pdf
· Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Competencies. (2015). Retrieved October 27, 2015, from http://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/competencies/multicultural-and-social-justice-counseling-competencies.pdf?sfvrsn=20
· McIntosh, P. (1990). White privilege: Unpacking the invisible knapsack. Independent School, 49(2), 31–35.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!