Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please read McSweeney
Traditional Learning Theories
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please read McSweeney & Murphy (2014) Part 1: Basic Classical Conditioning (Chapters 1 through 3) and Part 3: Basic Operational Conditioning (Chapters 8 through 10), and view the required video Classical and Operant Conditioning.
Include the following components in your initial post:
- Compare and contrast the general theories proposed by Pavlov and Skinner.
- Examine and describe the researcher’s contribution(s) to psychology theory and practice.
- Examine the major theoretical approaches proposed by the authors including any related research methods and/or assessment instruments associated with him or her.
- Evaluate any issues and cultural considerations associated with your assigned theorist.
- Analyze and describe how the American Psychological Association (APA) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct might affect the implementation of your theorist’s personality assessments.
- Assess the types of personality measurements and research designs associated with your assigned theorist and describe how they have evolved.
In addition to the required resources for the learning theories, research a minimum of one peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library regarding classical or operant conditioning within the field of psychology. Your initial post should be a minimum of 500 words.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!