Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapter 10 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
- Read “Special Topic 5: The Great Recession of 2008-2009: Causes and Response” in Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice(pages 445 to 459).
Review each section below. These sections will provide you with requirements and steps for submitting your project to Waypoint.
For this assignment, assume the role of an economic advisor to Steve Forbes. Using this week’s required resources as well as at least two additional credible resources, prepare an 8-10 slide audio presentation highlighting the causes and responses to the Great Recession.
To communicate with Mr. Forbes, you will submit an audio PowerPoint with speaker notes that is 8-10 slides.
Specific questions to consider in your presentation:
- What caused to the Great Recession of 2008-2009? Address any monetary and fiscal policies that played a role before, during, and after the recession.
- Has the crisis changed the structure of the U.S. economy?
- Could a similar recession happen in the future, why or why not? Provide supporting facts for your opinions.
- What economic advice would you offer to steer the economy away from such a deep and long recession?
In this presentation,
- Hypothesize two to three causes of the Great Recession.
- Analyze the underlining fiscal and monetary policies leading up to, during, and after the Great Recession.
- Conclude on any changes in the U.S. economy from the Great Recession as well as any future recession possibilities of this magnitude.
- Propose a minimum of three economic policies and actions to avoid future recessions.
The Great Recession of 2008-2009: Causes and Responses recorded video presentation
- Must 8 to 10 slides in length (not including title and references slide) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource. You need to include speaker notes for each task on the slide. Review the Add Speaker Notes to Your Slides (Links to an external site.) resource for support.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
For this class, this Week 3 assignment will be one of the assignments that apply toward Folio. Be sure to upload your presentation to Folio once you have completed it and share a link in your submission to Waypoint with your PPT presentation to be graded.