Read the article The Secret History of the FBI’s Battle Against Apple Reveals the Bureau’s Mistake. Use the Strayer University Library to conduct additional research about this issue and this specific case.
Write a 3–5 page position paper in which you:
- Explain, based on the article and additional research, whether you agree with the FBI or Apple.
- Be sure to justify your opinion with supporting information.
- Describe a possible compromise to the issue for future cases that would allow the investigation to continue.
- Take a position on whether technology is moving too fast for the judicial system.
- Include supporting information that justifies your position.
- Recommend at least two improvements the courts can make to catch up and/or keep up with the advancements in technology issues and crimes.
- Be sure to support your recommendations.
- Integrate into the assignment at least three quality professional and/or academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- One of your resources may be the provided article.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review the rules, laws, policies, and procedures that affect digital forensics.