CapraTek: Succession Planning
There are thousands of founder-based organizations in the private and not-for-profit sectors in the United States, and these organizations have been built over decades of hard work and long-term commitment. However, stubbornly holding on to business conditions that were present during an organization’s origination and first decades can threaten the organization’s future. Successful change is always the product of extensive knowledge, experience, and expertise. You are a new HR professional hired to replace a long-tenured HR director who has now been tasked with creating an organizational succession plan.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Analyze components of human capital models that align to human resource management strategy.
- Evaluate how a strategic human resource perspective drives organizational success.
- Examine how internal and external economic and demographic shifts change how human resource strategies respond to those changing conditions.
- Communicate professionally with all stakeholders.
If you have not already done so, view the CapraTek: Succession Planning interactive media piece to learn more about CapraTek, a founder-based organization, and its leaders.
Based on the course readings as well as your own research, include the following in a PowerPoint presentation to CapraTek’s founder:
- Explain how to address the challenges of embedded, past-focused thinking that, although of great merit in the past, now does not represent the reality of competition, current technological advancements, or the business environment of the organization.
- Describe what techniques and approaches you would take to respond to current conditions in the CapraTek organization.
- Assess substantive challenges to the HR professional in terms of people and systems as described for CapraTek, and interpret their effects.
- Analyze courses of action and make recommendations to resolve the present challenges within CapraTek.
Select a slide template appropriate for a professional presentation. Include the content of the slides as well as a supporting narrative. Do not overbuild your slides; use them to support what you will be saying, which should appear at the notes portion of each slide. Your presentation should be written coherently to support a central idea, in appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
- Written communication: Demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through accurate communication of thoughts that convey the overall goals of the analysis and do not detract from the message.
- References: Support your analysis with at least two academic, scholarly, or professional resources from the Capella University Library.
- Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Length: 10 PowerPoint slides, not including the references list.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Refer to the CapraTek: Succession Planning scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment before submission.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.