- Define and explain the major theories/theorists of the pre-modernism, modern, and postmodern eras.
- Explain the relevance of issues of diversity as they are related to the history of psychology in each era. Particular emphasis should be placed on how diversity issues have been handled historically and how people from diverse backgrounds have struggled in gaining influence in the field of psychology.
- Select two of the theories or theorists and explain how they impact your professional goals
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved APA style guide. (Please remember that body length does not include title page or reference page).
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in your approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved APA style guide.
Week Six Written Assignment Grading Criteria Content Criteria 19 Points The pre-modern, modern, and post-modern time periods are defined The major theories in the history of psychology and their principles are explained. The history of diversity issues and how they have been addressed are explained. The impact of two psychological theories/theorists on the writer’s chosen career path are explained. Empirical research is used to support the writer’s points. Writing and Organization Criteria 2 Points The central theme/purpose of the paper is clear. The structure is clear, logical and easy to follow. The tone is appropriate to the content of the assignment. The thoughts are clear and include appropriate beginning, development, and conclusion. Paragraph transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper. Sentences are complete, clear, and concise. Sentences are well constructed, with consistently strong, varied sentences. Sentence transitions are present and maintain the flow of thought. Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed. The paper uses words and language that are inclusive, clear, and unambiguous. Spelling is correct. Research and Criteria 2 Points The paper includes a summary and analysis of at least three professional/scholarly articles, internet sources, and information obtained from an organization., Professional/scholarly journals are peer reviewed and focus on the profession/application of psychology (located on Proquest, EBSCOHost, PsycNET, etc.). Non-scholarly articles include newspapers, periodicals, secular magazines, etc, and are not peer reviewed. Websites not approved include wilkipedia.com and about.com. Research focuses on the most current information (past five to ten years) except when citing seminal works (e.g. Freud, Erikson, etc.). Paper includes the appropriate number of references required by the assignment. When appropriate, the paper addresses ethical considerations in research. Style Criteria 2 Points The paper is in the appropriate APA format used by the institution/program (e.g. the 6th edition). The paper is double-spaced and in the appropriate length required by the assignment The paper includes an APA style cover page. The paper includes an Abstract that is formatted to support the appropriate version of APA Publication Manual (e.g. 6th edition). The paper properly uses headings, font styles, and white space as outlined in the appropriate version of APA Publication Manual (e.g. 6th edition). The paper includes an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement. The paper addresses the topic of the paper with critical thought. The paper concludes with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph. Citations of original works within the body of the paper follow the appropriate version of APA Publication Manual (e.g. 6th edition) guidelines. The paper includes a References Page that is completed according to the appropriate version of APA Publication Manual (e.g. 6th edition). Total Possible Points 25 Points