Watch the following videos on environmental issues in international politics (all together they take up less than an hour to watch, so watch them all). Discuss what you think are the major contemporary international or global environmental problems. Give at least two reasons why environmental issues are exacerbated by the anarchical structure of the international system. Optional: Can you propose solutions to some of these problems from what you saw?
CONTENT WARNING: Elephants are murdered throughout the first 45 seconds of The Economist video.
If these videos don’t link up, just copy and paste it into your favorite search engine:
- Watch the videos in the links provided.
- Work in groups of 3-4.
- You will receive up to 10 points for participation and up to 10 points for the material.
- Your essay should not be less than 400 words.
- You are not required to read any other material, but if you cite the videos, give the minute and second that your reference begins so I can check it.
- Give a reference page so you can practice referencing videos.
- Remember that everybody should read it and check each other before submission. If my two eyes catch something your 6 or 8 eyes didn’t, it means your teamwork needs work.
- Only the SGT submits the assignment. No one else should upload it.