- What does it take to make a Public Safety Leader effective and what are some of the things that make them ineffective? Using information from the references and resources below respond to the following questions:
Describe your understanding of the roles fulfilled by leaders in any organization and what are the similarities and differences in those roles for public safety leaders specifically.
Are there different types of traits that help leaders in either regular or public safety organizations to be effective.
Describe some of the risks and obstacles that can affect a public safety leader’s effectiveness.
- Video Link 4.3 What is Transformational Leadership?
Read via hyperlink:
- Reference Link 3.1 Conceptualization of Skill http://www.sagepub.com/northouse6e/study/materials/reference/reference3.1.pdf
- Reference Link 3.2 Problem-Solving Approaches http://www.sagepub.com/northouse6e/study/materials/reference/reference3.2.pdf
- Reference Link 3.3 Mentoring & Coaching http://www.sagepub.com/northouse6e/study/materials/reference/reference3.2.pdf
- Reference Link 3.4 Roles of Emotions http://www.sagepub.com/northouse6e/study/materials/reference/reference3.4.pdf
- 3.2 Colin Powell Speaks About Leadership at Colgate University http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T21HBWxBd-U&feature=related
- 3.3 New Leadership Problem Solving and Decision Making http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRS3pzyoOJc
- 3.4 Super Flexibility in Leadership http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOmE4hUdbhU
- 3.5 Motivation Leadership Change Management: Patrick Dixon on Leadership Strategies, Leadership Styles and Motivation Tools, Team Motivation, War for Talent and Business Strategy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh7h7kDQtLI
- 3.6 What is Business Intelligence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od2BlylNkBY&feature=youtu.be
- Reference Link 4.1 Leadership Theories http://www.sagepub.com/northouse6e/study/materials/reference/reference3.4.pdf
- Reference Link 4.3 Opportunism and Business Ethics http://www.sagepub.com/northouse6e/study/materials/reference/reference4.3.pdf
- Video Link 4.1 Leadership Styles – Geese, Eagles & Turkeys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuawiTn26Q