Write a review of a non-fiction book of your choosing on East Asia from the beginning to the seventeenth century. Your review should do the following:
1) briefly describe the topic of the book
2) identify the book’s thesis and argument
3) briefly describe the book’s sources (to be found in the footnotes and bibliography)
4) explain whether you found the thesis and argument persuasive and why, supporting your analysis with evidence and examples from the book
5) comment on whether the sources used enhance or detract from the book’s persuasiveness
6) address what you think were specific strengths and weaknesses of the book, using evidence and examples from the book
For this assignment, use only the book you are reviewing. Do not employ any outside sources.